Members will have recently received two communications regarding the upcoming AGM, taking place on Zoom on November 25th. The first e-mail provided additional information concerning the content and structure of the meeting and includes the chance to download and read a variety of documents prior to Wednesday. These documents include the minutes from last year’s AGM and reports from the chair, treasurer and heads of junior and senior cricket. As the respective office bearers won’t be presenting their full reports on the night, we would strongly encourage everyone to read these reports prior to the meeting. Members will, of course, be given the opportunity to ask questions during the meeting itself. Additionally, a second e-mail has been sent containing instructions on how to join Wednesday’s meeting (including a link).
If you are a member and are yet to receive either e-mail, or have technical questions about the Zoom meeting and how to join, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query concerns the AGM in general, or you wish to propose a candidate for an elected position on the club’s board, please contact the club at email@example.com.
While this year’s AGM will be broadly similar to AGMs held in the past, there will, of course, be some notable differences to previous years, with the move to a fully online meeting requiring the following specific procedures and rules:
- When joining the meeting, we would appreciate it if attendees turn their microphone to the mute setting. This will help cut out any unwanted background noise, thus ensuring the meeting runs as smoothly as possible.
- If anyone wishes to ask a question or speak at all, could that person please raise their hand or, if they don’t have video capabilities, express their desire to speak using the meeting’s chat function? At this point their mic will be enabled.
- All votes will be conducted via Zoom’s survey function. If, for any reason, an attendee is unable to vote in this way, please make the meeting aware of this.
While this necessary move online represents somewhat of a step into the unknown for the club (with the possibility of a few teething problems), we hope that following the above guidelines and procedures can ensure a relatively smooth meeting that also gives everyone a chance to participate in deciding the future direction of our club.
This year’s Annual General Meeting will take place on Wednesday 25th November at 7.30 pm. Because of the current restrictions, we shall be holding the meeting via Zoom, and full details of how you can connect will be circulated nearer the time.
This is your opportunity to hear about the latest developments at the club, including how we are coping with the financial impact of the pandemic; to help elect officers and captains for the year ahead; and to question the Board about club affairs.
The agenda is below. We shall also be circulating the minutes of the Spring General Meeting, and the reports (items 4-7) in advance, so that members can read them beforehand and put questions if they wish. Could I encourage any members who have not yet paid their subscriptions for 2020 to do so (see below).
Hoping to see you on a screen on November 25th!
2. Minutes of previous meeting
3. Matters arising
4. Chair’s report (Jason Jones)
5. Senior Cricket report (Matt Tweedie)
6. Junior Cricket report (Brian and Vicki Hambly)
7. Treasurer’s report (John Howell)
8. Election of Officers For election: Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Head of Cricket, Head of Club Development, Head of Clubhouse Facilities, Head of Playing Facilities, Head of Marketing and Commercial, Membership Secretary, Match Secretary, Chair of Junior Section, Captains of 1st XI, 2nd XI, Sunday XI, Midweek XI, Women’s Cricket.
The club would like to remind all club members that membership fees are now due for the 2020 season. Membership fees are integral to helping us continue the good work already carried out this season in improving the ground and pavilion. Furthermore, club membership grants the member voting rights at this month’s AGM, giving them a chance to play a part in the decision-making process that will help shape the future of the club.
Although the club would like to reiterate its gratitude to those who have continued to pay this season’s membership in full, we also acknowledge that there will be members who, given the situation in which we all find ourselves, are unable or unwilling to pay a full membership. If this is the case, we would like to offer a 50% reduction, applied to either the 2020 (if you haven’t paid yet) or 2021 season. If you wish to exercise this option, please contact the club via firstname.lastname@example.org
A list of membership types, associated fees and PayPal payment details can be found at the following link: https://stirlingcountycc.co.uk/index.php/joining-us
Our partners at SM Cricket are giving Stirling County Cricket Club members the chance to take early advantage of some fantastic Black Friday deals that they will be offering. As we are being given early access to these deals, all orders should be made directly to Ian Anderson via e-mail at email@example.com or by phoning him on 07711 681136. See below for the full list of fantastic offers!
- Smasher Cricket Set – normally £54.00 - £27.00
- Rafter Kashmir Willow SH bat – normally £90.00 – offer £25.00
- Collide Kashmir Willow SH bat – normally £90.00 – offer £25.00
- Collide Kashmir Willow Junior bats – normally £60.00 - £75.00 – all £20.00
- Blaster T20 Kashmir Willow Junior bats – normally £55.00 - £65.00 – all £15.00
- Rafter Kashmir Willow Junior bats – normally £45.00 - £60.00 – all £15.00
- SM Catch Practice Bat – normally £45.00 - £20.00
- Rafter Cricket Set – normally £105.00 – offer at £50.00
Junior bat sizes are available in 3,4,5,6 and harrow.
More Articles ...
- 200 Club Winners - September & October
- SM Cricket – Celebration of Women’s Cricket Month - September 2020
- 200 Club winners - August
- Message from the Chairman
- SM Cricket discounts for club members - while stocks last!
- Club update - August 2020
- 200 Club winners - July
- Junior Cricket Update - 15/7/2020