Club Vacancy - Head Grounds Person
Stirling County Cricket Club is excited to announce that it is now looking for Head Grounds Person to maintain playing facilities at New Wiliamfield from the 2020 season. Full details found below.
Position: Head of Grounds
Start Date: March 2020/Negotiable
Location: New Williamfield, Stirling, FK7 7WS
About the Club
Stirling County Cricket Club is an amateur cricket club based just outside the city of Stirling in central Scotland. Founded in 1862 the club played in the historic Scottish Counties Championship for most of its history until moving to the newly formed SNCL towards the end of the 20th century. The club currently plies its trade in the WDCU, in which it competes in the Premier Division.
In 2006 the club mad the momentous decision to leave its long-term home in the Torbrex area to relocate to a custom built facility, New Williamfield, on the outskirts of Stirling near Forthbank Stadium. Since the move, the club has had the opportunity to host a wide variety of representative matches at all age groups and, in 2015, was honoured to host the national team in ODIs and a 4-day first class match.
As well as playing host to a variety of men's and women's representative matches, the club also has two Saturday XIs, a Sunday XI, Wednesday XI, Women's team and a variety of junior teams making use of the ground throughout the season.
The club is now looking for an experienced Head of Grounds to maintain the playing surfaces to a high level and to seek to implement improvements to facilitate more top-level representative matches to be held at the ground.
The successful candidate will work with the club's ground convener and committee to carry out general ground maintenance and pitch preparation duties throughout the year. This will include pre-season preparation, autumn renovations and basic winter maintenance (including vertical-draining) on top of the standard in-season tasks. The successful candidate will also be expected to plan pitch use throughout the year, working with the ground convener to identify representative matches and other ground hirings that can be accommodated, without negatively affecting the playing experience for club members and existing hirers. It is expected that the successful candidate will work with the committee to identify improvements to the ground maintenance regime that will enhance the experience for those already using the ground and attract more top-level representative matches to the ground. Duties include the following:
- Prepare and maintain playing surfaces for a wide variety of formats and standards for two ovals.
- Plan pitch use throughout season, working with grounds convener to identify where representative matches and other hirings can be accommodated.
- Carry out required pre-season work and autumn renovations.
- Complete minimal and basic out-of-season maintenance (including verti-draining)
- Work with grounds convener and club committee to identify improvements and best practices to improve playing surface quality and encourage greater use of ground for top-level representative matches.
- Work with treasurer and grounds convener to set budget and manage expenditure.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below skills and experience:
- Experience of preparing cricket pitches to a high standard.
- Qualifications in groundskeeping or min 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to plan day-to-day workload and maintenance requirements throughout year.
- Experience of directing the work of others.
- Experience of working within an amateur club structure.
- Experience of setting budgets and managing expenditure.
- Ability to and experience of taking detailed playing surface measurements (e.g. cores, pH meter, etc.).
If interested in applying or for more information about the position, please contact us at ContactUs@StirlingCountyCC.co.uk. All applicants are asked to submit a CV (with two references) and covering letter detailing your skills and experience to the above e-mail address.